Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dell U3219Q Monitor - USB C Connection with my MacBook Pro

I have a new 15" MacBook Pro that I just purchased 3 weeks ago - I got it fully loaded with all available Ram, 1 TB SSD, and the VESA 20 Video Upgrade - I am more than pleased with the purchase. I picked up one of the new 27" LG Monitors as well - and that I am not nearly as happy with an I plan to return it. The monitor I am looking at to replace is is the DELL U3219Q - 32" 4K Display. I have spoken to the folks at DELL on several occasions but still can not get anyone to answer this questions - they tell me "they think it will work". I want to know if I can use a single USB C Cable from my MacBook to the USB C connection on the Dell Monitor and have it 1 - Charge my Laptop like the LG Does, 2 - Activate all the USB ports on the Monitor like my LG Does and 3 - Support 4K Video, like the LG does - all over the 1 USB C cable

Anyone know if this will function in this configuration?

Your insight is much appreciated !

MacBook Pro w/ Touch Bar (2018 or later)

Posted on Jan 7, 2019 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2019 7:31 AM

I'm currently plugged into the Dell U3219Q with the supplied USB-C cable. It has 4K@60Hz, it's charging AND it picks up my Corsair keyboard from the USB ports in the monitor. I'm using the monitor both with my MacBook and a Windows PC, when switching to USB-C it connects all USB devices to the MacBook and when it go back to DisplayPort all USB devices connects back to the Windows PC. Best monitor I've ever had.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2019 7:31 AM in response to avf925

I'm currently plugged into the Dell U3219Q with the supplied USB-C cable. It has 4K@60Hz, it's charging AND it picks up my Corsair keyboard from the USB ports in the monitor. I'm using the monitor both with my MacBook and a Windows PC, when switching to USB-C it connects all USB devices to the MacBook and when it go back to DisplayPort all USB devices connects back to the Windows PC. Best monitor I've ever had.

Dell U3219Q Monitor - USB C Connection with my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.