Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor battery life on 2016 Macbook Pro

My 15" 2016 Macbook Pro has never really gotten stellar battery life, but recently I'm finding it's quite a bit less than usual (I'm getting maybe 2-3 hours max, of light-ish web usage, and the odd youtube video. The macbook is at about 100 charge cycles, but this issue has been around for months).

I don't know a ton about the inner workings of a Macbook, so is there anything I should be looking for specifically? It has a tendancy to use the dedicated GPU constantly unless I manually switch it over to intergrated (by quitting the "quicklookuiservice" process). Chrome is generally open even if it's unused, but there's never more than 2-3 tabs open long-term, none of which are particularily power hungry (facebook messenger, email, things like that)

Macbook (2016 or later)

Posted on Jan 7, 2019 10:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2019 12:40 AM

No problem or issue found in the list. I recommend resetting SMC which could solve the issue.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Similar questions

3 replies

Poor battery life on 2016 Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.