Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro keeps crashing

My 2018 MacBook Pro recently started continuously crashing. First the Mac freezes, not even the feedback from the Touch Bar works and then the computer restarts. Sometimes it crashes again just by logging in.

This is part of the crash report:

{"caused_by":"macos","macos_system_state":"running","bug_type":"210","os_version":"Bridge OS 3.2 (16P2542)","timestamp":"2019-01-09 09:28:16.24 +0000","incident_id":"443DBA63-BA86-4747-9B19-998FAFAE87A1"}

What is the solution for this problem?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 9, 2019 1:56 AM

12 replies

Jan 10, 2019 10:45 AM in response to kindchri

Hello kindchri,

I understand that you are having an issue with your MacBook Pro crashing. I use my Mac all the time and know how important it is to have your device running smoothly, and I'm here to help.

I suggest to review the following article:

If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a message that it restarted or shut down because of a problem

Please let me know if you are still having issues after reviewing the technical article.

Have a great day!

Jan 11, 2019 3:36 PM in response to kindchri

Man, it is not a hardware issue. It is all Mojave. So don't despair. Many of us are on the same boat. My latest struggle made me wipe my whole HD in order to reinstall Mojave from scratch, and try it out with the minimum 3rd party software I can get by with. This I will try tonight, as I just finished installing my work apps. If I get just one more system crash (it'd be something like the 45th crash after installing Mojave over El Capitan in December, I will go immediately back to High Sierra. Will let you know how this clean-slate Mojave installation behaves. Cheers.

Jan 28, 2019 2:23 AM in response to kindchri

I have the same problem again and again on a new Macbook Pro 2018. After several conversations with the support I reinstalled the OS, deleted the NVRAM. Finally without success. I am really annoyed and have just brought the Macbook to the Premium Reseller. However, the employee didn't take me seriously and doesn't believe in my problem. On my hint in Google to search for Macbook T2 and Crash or for {"caused_by": "macos", "macos_system_state": "running", "bug_type": "210", "os_version": "Bridge OS 3.2 (16P2542)" he answers that you could also find evidence on the internet that Elvis is still alive. this was my first and last MacBook.

Jan 28, 2019 3:27 AM in response to kindchri

I don't use mono. I use the Macbook mainly with capture one to develop my photos.

I notice the crashes when waking up from standby mode or with external hard disks connected.

They should train people with customer contact, it seems that some people think that customers are trolls who have nothing better to do than annoy them.

Jan 30, 2019 6:25 AM in response to franz32

Premium resellers, or even Apple, seem to be the least likely sources of a solution to this problem. Some users that have resorted to Apple for a fix to this dreaded OS problem, have ended replacing motherboards and/or SSD's, paying loads of money for it, only to find that the problem is not hardware related. Apple seems to be oblivious about the fact that there is a somewhat common and serious issue affecting some Mojave users. Proof of that is their lack of acknowledgment or solution throughout the three 10.14.x software updates so far. Sadly, it is up to users to come up with temporary possible fixes through trial an error. Most solutions suggested so far having proved pretty much useless, I am recently considering is a promising procedure suggested here: https://geoinformatics.uk/posts/fixing-mac.html

MacBook Pro keeps crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.