Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification sound for 3rd party apps

I desperately need to be able to hear my notifications from 3rd party apps. I also need to be able to customize the sound. What is the status on making that happen?

iPhone 7

Posted on Jan 9, 2019 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2019 5:45 AM

Hello Karen779,

I see you need some help regarding the notification sound on third party apps.

Please launch setting >notifications >tap the app(s) of which you want to be notified by tapping allow notifications. Then go to tap the <back arrow to go back and click sounds and haptics. Then from sound and vibration patters please select the sound you wish to hear when there’s a notification by changing the sounds of calendar, reminder alerts.

Hope your problem will be solved. If not please contact Apple Support.

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2019 5:45 AM in response to Karen779

Hello Karen779,

I see you need some help regarding the notification sound on third party apps.

Please launch setting >notifications >tap the app(s) of which you want to be notified by tapping allow notifications. Then go to tap the <back arrow to go back and click sounds and haptics. Then from sound and vibration patters please select the sound you wish to hear when there’s a notification by changing the sounds of calendar, reminder alerts.

Hope your problem will be solved. If not please contact Apple Support.

Best Regards.

Notification sound for 3rd party apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.