Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone X Wifi Range and connection Problems

My iphone x connects only to my home wifi when im like next to the modem when i go away from the modem it cant find it anymore also i tested with old iphone 4 running ios 7 i scan for wifi networks it detects all my wifi networks my 2 personal ones and also the surrounding ones neighbor ect.. This is a pic of my iphone 4 in my room about 4 4 4 meters away from the modem finding my personal wifi network (Wifi2.4-EC60) And others and under that photo is my Iphone X and iphone 4 together with my iphone x at the same spot and finding nothing... i did all the steps reset network dns settings manual reset factory hard reset wifi assist and nothing helps could it be that my wifi antenna is broke? Please help i dont know what to do anymore

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 9, 2019 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2019 4:31 PM

Hi Tony,

It seems you're having trouble with Wi-Fi on your iPhone. I know it's important to get that working as expected, and I want to help.

Try following the steps here for trouble connecting to Wi-Fi:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

If that doesn't get you connected it might be a good idea to seek service on your iPhone to make sure Wi-Fi is behaving as expected. You can locate an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Store, or contact Apple Support here:

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Contact - Official Apple Support

Good luck!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2019 4:31 PM in response to Tony_X10

Hi Tony,

It seems you're having trouble with Wi-Fi on your iPhone. I know it's important to get that working as expected, and I want to help.

Try following the steps here for trouble connecting to Wi-Fi:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

If that doesn't get you connected it might be a good idea to seek service on your iPhone to make sure Wi-Fi is behaving as expected. You can locate an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Store, or contact Apple Support here:

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Contact - Official Apple Support

Good luck!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Iphone X Wifi Range and connection Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.