Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting Apple TV to hotel wifi

Are there special setup procedures to use hi-speed wifi or wired at a hotel with individual routers in each room using the latest version of Apple TV?

Posted on Jan 9, 2019 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2019 7:00 PM

Yes, hotels usually give a passcode. However, in most cases this will bring up a webpage, when connecting via your device, where you will enter that passcode for authentication. This would not be possible on an Apple TV as it doesn't have a browser. This will then require further assistance from the hotel staff to see if you can gain access.

If it is in fact setup as a normal network, then yes it would work the same way as you login on your home network and you could sign in on Apple TV.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2019 7:00 PM in response to Gdrenick

Yes, hotels usually give a passcode. However, in most cases this will bring up a webpage, when connecting via your device, where you will enter that passcode for authentication. This would not be possible on an Apple TV as it doesn't have a browser. This will then require further assistance from the hotel staff to see if you can gain access.

If it is in fact setup as a normal network, then yes it would work the same way as you login on your home network and you could sign in on Apple TV.

Jan 10, 2019 6:21 AM in response to vazandrew

My situation is the latter so I should be golden. I am staying at a timeshare for which I access the WiFi in Settings and add the passcode directly.

Thanks for the clarification regarding the other approach than requires the browser. It would be nice if that could be fixed - kind of like a Kindle that has a minimal browser for logging in v. full featured browsing.

+10

Connecting Apple TV to hotel wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.