Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of phone

I have been locked out of my phone and I have no problem resetting it but I don't have my pictures backed up in m computer. Is there anyway that I can access pictures before resetting my phone?

Posted on Jan 9, 2019 6:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2019 7:18 PM

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If you have a backup that contains all of your data you can restore from that and get back everything except anything that was added prior the backup.

7 replies

Jan 9, 2019 7:04 PM in response to appleuser111aa

I assume you didn’t put an iCloud account on your phone when new? If you did it would be easy enough to prove whom you are and reset your password through Apple. But if you mean you forgot your password digits of numbers then you would need to hook up to your computer to iTunes to get phone from being disabled after entering wrong digits to many times. Another Apple product can walk you through such problem.

Jan 11, 2019 9:00 AM in response to Susan whalen

No, I addressed that. The only way to recover the photos would be to remember the passcode to the iPhone, when you attempt to connect to iTunes on a computer to sync it will ask for you to enter the passcode. To clear that passcode requires the iPhone to be put into Recovery mode as is described in the link I provided, this wipes all data from the iPhone.

There is no user file management provided in iOS so you cannot copy to a flash drive (is that what you meant by iPhone USB) and again you would have to enter the passcode to do so.

Locked out of phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.