Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create Export using Compressor Settings hotkey in Motion 5

In Motion 5 I would like to have Export using Compressor Settings command in a hotkey but I'm unable to find it in the list in Commands - Customize setup. Is there any way to get it? Would save me a lot of mouse clicking as I need to export a lot of small clips with specific settings created in Compressor.

Posted on Jan 10, 2019 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2019 11:08 PM

You can't do it directly in Motion, but you can create an Application keyboard shortcut in System Preferences > Keyboard.

Open the Keyboard sysPref pane and click on the Shortcuts "tab".

Select the App Shortcuts in the sidebar.

Click the + button under view panes.

In the dialog that shows up, select Motion from the Application menu.

In order for the shortcut to work, you have to provide the *exact* case-sensitive menu label you want this shortcut tool to use. In this case it is:

Export using Compressor Settings...

(that's 3 periods on the end - not that 'using' is all lowercase.)

Provide the shortcut you want to use. I set up Control-Shift-e in this example:

Then, when you're in Motion (and only in Motion) when you type the shortcut you set up, you will go directly to the Export dialog.

HTH

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2019 11:08 PM in response to Tontsa

You can't do it directly in Motion, but you can create an Application keyboard shortcut in System Preferences > Keyboard.

Open the Keyboard sysPref pane and click on the Shortcuts "tab".

Select the App Shortcuts in the sidebar.

Click the + button under view panes.

In the dialog that shows up, select Motion from the Application menu.

In order for the shortcut to work, you have to provide the *exact* case-sensitive menu label you want this shortcut tool to use. In this case it is:

Export using Compressor Settings...

(that's 3 periods on the end - not that 'using' is all lowercase.)

Provide the shortcut you want to use. I set up Control-Shift-e in this example:

Then, when you're in Motion (and only in Motion) when you type the shortcut you set up, you will go directly to the Export dialog.

HTH

How to create Export using Compressor Settings hotkey in Motion 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.