Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does apple repair the keyboard for MacBook Air 2018 (butterfly keyboard) for free?

I bought my Mac in mid-december 2018 and noticed right away that there was problem with the spacebar. 9/10 times it worked like a charm. But 1/10 times it would register me hitting spacebar 2 times even though I hit it only once. This is extremely annoying because I use this Mac as my school computer and therefore I write a lot of texts.

I did some research and it turns out that this hasn't just happened to me. I found out that apple offers to repair the keyboard for free, but only for certain models. They will only repair MacBook pros and macbooks. I wondered if this is a mistake or if they actually don't offer to repair the MacBook Air for free.

Link to the keyboard service program in question:

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/keyboard-service-program-for-macbook-and-macbook-pro/

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Jan 10, 2019 6:40 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Does apple repair the keyboard for MacBook Air 2018 (butterfly keyboard) for free?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.