Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop-Up that says "Would you like to save this password in your iCloud Keychain to use with apps and websites on all your devices?" Constantly Pops Up

Hello, I recently upgraded to the iPhone XS and keep on having a pop-up that constantly appears on my screen regardless of the application in use. Not only does it pop up but as soon as I chose "Save Password" to will reappear immediately after as well.

The pop-up states "Would you like to save this password in your iCloud Keychain to use with apps and websites on all your devices?" This pop-up appears regardless of what application I am using or what I am doing on my phone. When it pops up I chose "Save Password" and then it reappears again and I have to chose "Save Password" again. It only does it twice then goes away.

The most recent time it happened was when I was listening to a podcast. Usually it appears first thing in the morning when I check my phone. It does not seem associated with an actual account or password or any login information. Keep in mind this is a brand new phone, I just set it up two days ago from an iCloud backup from my previous iPhone. Any additional information would be appreciated, I haven't been able to find anything related to this pop-up message. Thank you! LT

iPhone XS

Posted on Jan 10, 2019 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2019 7:15 AM

I have the exact same situation. I'm not sure if this is going to work but because there were no other replies to this questions, I thought I would share. I just went into settings, clicked on my Apple ID, clicked on iCloud, scrolled down to keychain and switched the toggle to "off". It asked me if I wanted to turn off autofill on Safari and I said no because I love the autofill option. I think it then asked for my apple id password. I then restarted my phone, went back into the iCloud settings and turned the keychain back on. We will see if I continue to get that pop up. It drives me crazy because I've only had this phone for like 2 weeks.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2019 7:15 AM in response to itsludawg

I have the exact same situation. I'm not sure if this is going to work but because there were no other replies to this questions, I thought I would share. I just went into settings, clicked on my Apple ID, clicked on iCloud, scrolled down to keychain and switched the toggle to "off". It asked me if I wanted to turn off autofill on Safari and I said no because I love the autofill option. I think it then asked for my apple id password. I then restarted my phone, went back into the iCloud settings and turned the keychain back on. We will see if I continue to get that pop up. It drives me crazy because I've only had this phone for like 2 weeks.

Feb 19, 2019 10:12 AM in response to mo_money_22

Thanks for replying. I have also reset and erased my iPhone. I have also done the keychain on and off but nothing seemed to work. I have to say since I posted this post I have not had any issue with pop-up anymore. If it comes back I will update this thread but at the moment it seems like the issue might have fixed itself. Thanks and good luck!

Pop-Up that says "Would you like to save this password in your iCloud Keychain to use with apps and websites on all your devices?" Constantly Pops Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.