Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Chrome Keychain Extension Bug - "You previously indicated to never save passwords for this website"

When using iCloud Keychain extension on Apple websites it says: "You previously indicated to never save passwords for this website." "To change this, remove the entry for this website from your iCloud Keychain and re-login to this website."

Even if I remove apple passwords from keychain or even if i remove and resave them again from iPhone, nothing changes, iCloud seems stuck on that. What can I do?

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 5:21 PM

Similar questions

11 replies

Apr 10, 2021 3:55 AM in response to TheConfax

I'm having this same problem.

The entry doesn't exist in Passwords on my iPhone (for me, Facebook and Paypal are the problem)

If I create the entries then the Chrome addon still says it's set to never save.

I tried another method someone suggested which was to create an entry by getting my iPhone to suggest a password and it will auto-create an entry. Still no difference.

Apr 10, 2021 6:56 AM in response to ThunderSpook

I clicked "solved" by mistake but it is not removable unfortunately.

About the problem, I actually managed to solve via iOS for every website, the only one stuck is Apple.com

My solution for every other website was to remove the password from apple Keychain via iOS settings and then go to the website and login by saving them via iOS Safari. This fixes every website EXCEPT apple.com

I spoke with level 2 Apple support and I knew better than them, they weren't useful at all.

Where can we report this bug in a useful way?

Apr 24, 2021 9:22 AM in response to TheConfax

SOLVED:

You must log into a Mac, remove all the instances of "never save for this website", then uninstall iCloud for Windows and make sure to CLEAN THE APP DATA before launching when the app is reinstalled (app settings>reinitialize app deleting the data>wait for the confirmation V)

This solved the problem, in case of Apple.com there was an iforgot.apple.com domain registered, which wasn't visible from normal keychain.

May 21, 2021 11:34 AM in response to TheConfax

This forum post shows up as top result on Google when searching "you previously indicated to never save passwords for this website to change this, remove the entry for this website from your iCloud Keychain and re-log into this website". The hard truth is that Apple doesn't let you remove a "never save" flag without using Safari for Mac. If you only have iOS you're screwed, the websites flagged as "Never Save" are invisible in the Settings password section. It's been this way for years and Apple has never bothered to fix it.

You need to get your hands on a Mac to work around it which completely misses the point of releasing such an extension on PC.

iCloud Chrome Keychain Extension Bug - "You previously indicated to never save passwords for this website"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.