Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 4 - downloading apps

Ok, so I’ve just made the silly mistake (or so it seems) to restore my iPad and start again.

As I’ve gone to download an app that I had on it previously, it says it needs iOS 11 to do so, but the iPad 4 is not updating past 10.3.3.

Is there a way to download an app in this situation? (Am I allowed to say I’m trying to download Netflix)?!

Starting to wish I hadn’t restored it now 😔

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular

Posted on Jan 11, 2019 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2019 1:29 PM

The 4th generation iPad can only be upgraded to iOS 10.3.3. Any app that you try to restore it that requires a later iOS version will not work. Chances are, the version of this app has been updated on the Apple App servers and why you are getting this error.

2 replies

Jan 11, 2019 1:41 PM in response to NicNic26

If the developers kept the older version available, you should be able to download that version by going to your Purchased list and tapping on the app there. It may tell you its incompatible, but then offer the compatible version if one is available.

See here: Downloading Older iOS Versions of Apps - Apple Community

If the developer removed the compatible version, then there is no way to get now from the App store.

If you ever synced your Apps to a computer running iTunes, you should be able to get it from there and install it on the iPad by dragging the app's file from the Mobile Applications folder on your computer to the iPad in iTunes.

See here: Managing apps with iTunes 12.7 or later - Apple Community

iPad 4 - downloading apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.