Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps wont download onto new Ipad Pro from backup

Last night I purchased the 2018 version IPad Pro. My previous iPad Pro gets backed up onto iCloud. I selected the backup from iCloud and the restore process started. Once finished I had all the app icons but many where “blocked out” and indicated “waiting” or “loading”. That made sense as I understand not everything gets loaded at once. However over the course of several hours those apps still indicating “loading” or “waiting”. Even if I go to the App Store and attempt to download the app it will not download.

Any thoughts as to why these apps will not download on to the new ipad? I did double check my Apple ID, but that would have had to be valid in order to complete the backup restore.

Thanks

ejg1890

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 12, 2019 1:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2019 5:29 AM

Ok resolved. The old reliable reboot the device!!! I should have tried that before posting. That’s what I ALWAYS tell people to do when there’s an issue. I should have taken my own advice!!! ;)

2 replies

Apps wont download onto new Ipad Pro from backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.