Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot export iMovie file response 'share failed' PLEASE HELP!

I've created a movie that's about 1hr long / 13GB. I'm trying to export the file to my hard drive folder and I keep getting the response 'share failed'. When I look at the file, only part of it has downloaded (approx 220MB of the 13GB). Any ideas what the issue could be?

I've tried creating a new library folder and moving it to that for export but it still fails. I have about 20GB of free space on my disk with 8GB in memory on a MacBook Pro 2.6GHz machine. Please help! Thanks

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 13, 2019 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2019 4:29 PM

Most likely it is a corrupt frame or clip at the 220 MB point. Open your project and slowly scroll through around the 220 MB point, looking for white flashes, black frames, artifacts and other signs of corruption. If you find any, cut them out of the project and try to re-share.

Also, you might want to clear off some data from your disk. With a 13 GB movie you are getting down a little low at 20 GB free space.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2019 4:29 PM in response to Themuzza01

Most likely it is a corrupt frame or clip at the 220 MB point. Open your project and slowly scroll through around the 220 MB point, looking for white flashes, black frames, artifacts and other signs of corruption. If you find any, cut them out of the project and try to re-share.

Also, you might want to clear off some data from your disk. With a 13 GB movie you are getting down a little low at 20 GB free space.

-- Rich

Cannot export iMovie file response 'share failed' PLEASE HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.