Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music ‘not playing’

i’ve just started my free trial but every time i go to play a song it looks like it’s about to play and then it says ‘not playing’

how can i fix this if there is a way i can?

Posted on Jan 14, 2019 11:08 AM

13 replies

Jan 16, 2019 7:59 AM in response to lauren_byrne

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities lauren_byrne,

I see that you're not able to play songs after starting your Apple Music trial. I use Apple Music everyday, so I understand your concern, and I'd be happy to help so you can start enjoying it too.

Let's start by having you force close the Music app and then restart your device, and test to see if the issue remains.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let me know how it goes.

Have a great day!

Jan 16, 2019 8:13 AM in response to Leanne_68

Hey! I have the same issue and I’ve tried the suggestion as well but it still doesn’t work for me. The music still doesn’t play and when I press shuffle it just skips through a bunch of songs then pauses at one without playing it. When I continue to press the play button it just doesn't wanna play.

Would like some attention for this because I subscribed to the service already. Thanks!

apple music ‘not playing’

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.