Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri and Apple Music

Hello!

I have a problem with Siri and Apple Music - I was trying to get help from Apple Support but as Siri is not oficially supported in my region I was advised to contact support service abroad.

My problem concerns the playlists. Whenever I say "Hey Siri, shuffle (or play) My Music playlist" it plays some weird music playlists which I have never seen in my life and I'm not able to force Siri to play my own music playlist. I tried "Hey Siri, play my playlits" and then telling the name of the playlist but the effect is the same. It finds the playlist perfectly when I say "Hey Siri, add this song to the My Music playlist" and the problem is only with playing the given playlist.

I tried changing the name of the playlist but it doesn't help. I have the most recent iOS.

Do you have any ideas how to fix the problem?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jan 15, 2019 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2019 1:35 PM

Guys, I managed to solve the problem. I want to share to solution, maybe someone will find it useful one day.

It looks like the problem was connected to the network. I'm sure I haven't changed any network settings before; however, once I reseted network settings right now Siri is able to find my playlists correctly!

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2019 1:35 PM in response to Pabl0000

Guys, I managed to solve the problem. I want to share to solution, maybe someone will find it useful one day.

It looks like the problem was connected to the network. I'm sure I haven't changed any network settings before; however, once I reseted network settings right now Siri is able to find my playlists correctly!

Jan 15, 2019 2:05 AM in response to seanfromllanelli

But the problem is that Siri cannot find the Playlist that I have created. The name of the playlist (since ever) is "My Music" and it used to work perfectly, but now whenever I say "Hey Siri, shuffle/play My Music playlist" it says "Here's 'My Music Playlist' by Kobaro..." and it starts playing the song "My Music Playlist" by that artist and I cannot find a solution to the problem. It is only able to find the "My Music" playlist which I have created when I want to add songs to it.

The command "Hey Siri, shuffle my playlist" results in the question "What's the name of the playlist?" and when I say "My Music" I get a "Playlist "Do not interrupt" shuffled and playing..."

Any other ideas what may be the reason and how to fix it?

Jan 15, 2019 2:32 AM in response to seanfromllanelli

I just have changed the name to "Song Folder" and now Siri is able to find it when I want to add music to it, but still no way to find it when I want to play the music - now when I say "Shuffle my Song Folder playlist" it says "Hmm, I'm having trouble playing that. If you aren't on Wi-Fi, make sure cellular data is enabled." - cellular data is enabled for sure and the internet works perfectly fine on my iPhone.

Siri and Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.