Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri can't find playlists

Supposed fix on these forums was not a fix.

HomePod mini, 14

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 12:59 PM

Same problem here. On booth Homepod Mini and Homepod (latest software 14.6). For example.. If I ask Siri to ”play my Lana Del Rey playlist” - she answer that she can’t find Lana on Apple Music. But if I say ”play my Lana playlist” she finds my playlist.

Same thing with every artist. If I ask Siri to ”play my Elvis Presley playlist” - she answers that she can’t find him on Apple Music. But if I say ”play my Elvis playlist” she finds my playlist. This is really strange. First name of artist finds right playlist. Full name not. Same with bands. Example: Question: Play Gun Club playlist = Answer: ”I didn’t find Gun Club on Apple Music”. Question: ”Play Gun” playlist and she answers ”Ok, here is Gun Club” and plays my playlist. Please fix this. It’s very frustrating.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2021 12:59 PM in response to technologydecisions

Same problem here. On booth Homepod Mini and Homepod (latest software 14.6). For example.. If I ask Siri to ”play my Lana Del Rey playlist” - she answer that she can’t find Lana on Apple Music. But if I say ”play my Lana playlist” she finds my playlist.

Same thing with every artist. If I ask Siri to ”play my Elvis Presley playlist” - she answers that she can’t find him on Apple Music. But if I say ”play my Elvis playlist” she finds my playlist. This is really strange. First name of artist finds right playlist. Full name not. Same with bands. Example: Question: Play Gun Club playlist = Answer: ”I didn’t find Gun Club on Apple Music”. Question: ”Play Gun” playlist and she answers ”Ok, here is Gun Club” and plays my playlist. Please fix this. It’s very frustrating.

Jul 14, 2021 1:24 PM in response to technologydecisions

Hi technologydecisions,

Thanks for clarifying! Let's get to the bottom of this together. Are you using an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac computer?

Let us know if you've had an opportunity to restart your HomePod since noticing this behavior? If not, please refer to the instructions in this guide under the section titled, "Restart HomePod":

If HomePod isn't responding - Apple Support

Have a great day!

Jul 13, 2021 11:10 AM in response to technologydecisions

Hi technologydecisions,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We see no one has responded to your post yet. To assist the community in replying, you might consider providing more information about what you’re experiencing. Including the following details in your post may be helpful:

What’s happening? If you receive an error message, what does it say?

What HomePod model is this happening with? Which software version?

Are you able to reproduce the issue? What actions do you take to reproduce it?

The more information you provide, the better chance the community will be able to offer some additional guidance.

Have a great day!

Jul 14, 2021 1:39 PM in response to technologydecisions

Hi technologydecisions,

Did it help to restart your HomePod mini?

In order to determine options to configure your HomePod mini, let us know if you've got an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac computer that can be used to control your HomePod mini. That way we can be sure to provide you with the appropriate steps for the device you're using with HomePod mini.

If you don't have one of these other Apple devices, reach out to Apple Support directly to investigate this issue further. Here's a link to the Apple Support website to determine your preferred method of contact:

Get Support

Take care!

Siri can't find playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.