Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The screen of my MacBook has all of a sudden started flickering and showing random colours.

My mac is frozen on this screen and i have no idea what has happened or how to fix it. Can anyone help?

Posted on Jan 15, 2019 1:09 PM

1 reply

Jan 17, 2019 9:12 AM in response to Oliviabranch1

Hey Oliviabranch1,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I understand you're seeing lines and flickering on your MacBook display. I'm happy to look into this with you. Based on what you're experiencing, I'd recommend performing the following hardware resets first:

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

If you still have issues, you’ll find more appropriate information by using another one of Apple's support resources to help get this resolved. You can reach out to us using the following link: Contact Apple Support. Alternatively, you can visit an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider near you that can take a look at this using this link here: Find Locations

Cheers.

The screen of my MacBook has all of a sudden started flickering and showing random colours.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.