Save Emails as Templates in MacOS Mail and Mac OS X Mail
To save a message as a template in MacOS Mail:
- Open the Mail application on your Mac.
- To create a new mailbox called "Templates," click Mailbox in the menu bar and select New Mailbox from the menu that appears.
- Select a Location for the mailbox and type "Templates" into the Name field.
- Create a new message.
- Edit the message to contain anything you want in the template. You can edit and save the subject and the message contents, along with the recipients and the message priority. As you work, the file is saved in the Drafts mailbox.
- Close the message window and select Save if prompted to do so.
- Go to the Drafts mailbox.
- Move the message you just saved from the Drafts mailbox to the Templates mailbox by clicking on it and dragging to the destination.
You can also use any message you previously sent as a template by copying it to your Templates mailbox. To edit a template, create a new message using it, make the desired changes and then save the edited message as a template while deleting the old template.
Use an Email Template in MacOS Mail and Mac OS X Mail
To use a message template in Mac OS X Mail to create a new message:
- Open the Template mailbox containing the desired message template.
- Highlight the template you want to use for the new message.
- Select Message | Send Again from the menu or press Command-Shift-D to open the template in a new window.
- Edit and send the message.