You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch won’t clear past the Apple Watch Basics screen

Please help? Is there something I’m missing? I reset it to sync it with my new phone like the suggestion recommended and now I can’t get past this screen. I did all the promps and hit the side buttons but still on this. Any suggestions?

Posted on Jan 16, 2019 5:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2019 5:57 AM

It looks like the watch has reloaded software and is stuck in the initial first-power-up guide. Try a forced reset by pressing and holding both buttons (about 10 seconds) until the Apple logo appears, then let it reboot. If that doesn’t work Contact Apple Support and ask the paid support techs about a failed pairing with your new phone. Note that a brand new phone brings an entitlement for free support direct from Apple.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 16, 2019 5:57 AM in response to Wvmeg

It looks like the watch has reloaded software and is stuck in the initial first-power-up guide. Try a forced reset by pressing and holding both buttons (about 10 seconds) until the Apple logo appears, then let it reboot. If that doesn’t work Contact Apple Support and ask the paid support techs about a failed pairing with your new phone. Note that a brand new phone brings an entitlement for free support direct from Apple.

My Apple Watch won’t clear past the Apple Watch Basics screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.