Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to scan a QR CODE with my iPhone X camera app, but it never seems to recognize that is a code

I'm trying to scan a QR CODE with my iPhone X camera app, but it never seems to recognize that is a code, as I get no notification?

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 18, 2019 10:27 AM

8 replies

Jan 28, 2019 4:25 PM in response to seanfromllanelli

How to scan a QR code

1. Open the Camera app from your device's Home screen, Control Center, or Lock screen.
  2. Hold your device so that the QR code appears in the Camera app's viewfinder. Your device recognizes the QR code and shows a notification.
  3. Tap the notification to open the link associated with the QR code.

Here's the instructions! I understand them.

My problem is that the phone doesn't recognize the QR Code and show me a notification to tap on

Jan 20, 2019 10:25 AM in response to 4544-738

Hi 4544-738,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're running into issues scanning a QR Code.

This is a great resource for QR code scanning. It sounds like these are the steps you're following; is that right? Scan a QR code with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. From your post, it sounds like you aim your camera at the QR code but nothing happens to indicate it recognizes the code, correct?

Have you been able to scan a QR code using this iPhone before?

Does the camera work for other functions?

Do you happen to have another QR code available for testing? This would help determine if the issue might be with the specific QR code.

Does it help if you Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?

Are you running the latest iOS version? You can check under Settings > General > About. If you're not using iOS 12.1.2, an update may help you: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

I hope this helps.

Jan 21, 2019 8:18 AM in response to jeremy_v

I've never tried to use camera for scanning before.

Camera works fine.

I restarted phone and tried several different QR CODES

I do have the latest version.

I ultimately downloaded an app (which, of course, uses the cameras phone.

Why it doesn't work on it's own, then, remains a mystery?

But, I'm now able to scan with the app!

If you learn any more about it, however, I'd love to know.

Thank you for responding

I'm trying to scan a QR CODE with my iPhone X camera app, but it never seems to recognize that is a code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.