Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Memos not syncing through iCloud Drive

I'm having issues with Voice Memos—they fail to sync through iCloud Drive, despite all three of my devices (iPhone, iPad, Mac) being set up to do so via iCloud Drive options.

I have tried everything:

• logging in/out of iCloud
  • toggling iCloud Drive option for Voice Memos
  • restarting

I created a test recording on each of my three devices, and yesterday, it synced—but only:

• iPhone test appeared on Mac and iPad
  • iPad test appeared on Mac
  • Mac test appeared on iPad

In other words: nothing synced to my iPhone.

And, even more strangely, recordings on the iPhone have not synced since, despite absolutely nothing having changed in terms of settings, network connection, etc.

This is a disaster—how is it possible that the sync is so poorly implemented, given that other iCloud items (Books, Maps, etc.) sync just fine?

I also have Just Press To Record—an 3rd-party app that syncs via iCloud—and it works perfectly and instantly! Yet Apple can't make their own app sync?

Posted on Jan 18, 2019 1:16 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 18, 2019 1:29 PM in response to Wills1971

I should note that while the iPad and Mac test recordings sync instantly—the iPhone sync to them takes longer, several minutes at least. As I said, none of the recordings on the other devices sync to the iPhone at all.

I also have had some issues with Handoff only working one-way with the iPhone, but those seem to have spontaneously (!) resolved themselves over the last couple months.

Again, all devices are on the same network, running latest updates, etc.

Voice Memos not syncing through iCloud Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.