Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Admin Permission Problems

I have the same question that has been asked by others for which I didn't see answers. Although I am logged in as Admin on MacBook Pro, I am unable to open folders of another account, which is still me but used for different reasons. How do I grant myself permission to open folders in one account when logged into the 2nd account. BTW - Both accounts have Admin Privileges, so it doesn't matter which account I'm logged into.

I have never run into this problem before. I have spent hours (no kidding) on the phone with HR Block Software Support but they are also striking out. I have used the same software for years during tax season and for some unknown reason, I am unable to fully install the software and it seems to be an issue with the ability for the computer account to Read and Write. But, the real problem is this mystery about being unable to access folders in the opposite account even though both have Admin privileges.

Help!!!

Thanks

Posted on Jan 18, 2019 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2019 6:38 PM

Hi

sorry for late respond

Try this

go to /Users in Finder

You will see all users with they folders having the red prohibit sign.

Open the user you want the folder from

Right Click to give your self permissions to Read/Write (at the bottom of the Get Info screen).

The red prohibit sign should disappear if you did it right.

Now for fast access drag that folder over to Finder sidebar.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2019 6:38 PM in response to Alabama_Coins

Hi

sorry for late respond

Try this

go to /Users in Finder

You will see all users with they folders having the red prohibit sign.

Open the user you want the folder from

Right Click to give your self permissions to Read/Write (at the bottom of the Get Info screen).

The red prohibit sign should disappear if you did it right.

Now for fast access drag that folder over to Finder sidebar.

Admin Permission Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.