Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full Disk Access/Files and Foler

I'm so annoyed with the Privacy problems in the newer verions of macOSes, I want to allow my Emacs.app full disk access or at least some specific files and folders, but it just fails permission to access any allow and yes I have relaunch app after settings permission under Privacy tab :/

Appreciats any hints to fix Security settings as wanted, TIA

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 4:34 AM

Launching Emacs is done through a wrapper script by /usr/bin/ruby, giving permission to ruby fixes it ;)

See https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/63786/emacs-won-t-access-documents-directory-on-macos-big-sur and https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/53026/how-to-restore-file-system-access-in-macos-catalina/53037#53037

for more

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2021 4:24 AM in response to PRP_53

RC being what, Emacs is not a signed App or what, it runs fine only it can not access various files and folders. Why would it make sense to cut off Apps generate not under the latest version it self, eg. here BigSur. Doesn't make sense if Apple this way breaks people's needed Apps without a option to turn on back compability like with FilesNFolders or Full Disk Access permissions... :/

BTW using:

GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.2.0, NS appkit-1671.20 Version 10.14.3 (Build 18D109)) of 2019-09-02

Mar 18, 2021 4:43 AM in response to stefws

My Bad for Assuming Big Sur was running as this is where you have Posted. Suggest - in the future for Better Advise - Post in the correct Forum and maybe will get more accurate and helpful help.

Also, for knowledge of these Forums - marking ones own posting as Solved - does not generate points to ones' profile only marking someone else's as solved will generate points to the person offering a Solution.

Full Disk Access/Files and Foler

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.