Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have two (2) Apple IDs.

When I purchased my first Apple product I had no clue what I was doing. I started with a new franchise and they were Apple and all I knew was PC. I purchased a Macbook Pro and all sorts of stuff with an Apple ID that was my franchise email. A few years went by and somewhere in between I created another Apple ID with my personal email (Gmail). Things have been going smoothly until recently. I tried to purchase an app and of course I had all sorts of issues related to these two IDs. I'm leaving this company and no longer want to use the first Apple ID I created. If I need to change a Password or anything related to this ID, I won't be able to access this email for much longer.

Apple says I can't delete the first Apple ID nor can I merge them. The only thing they said I can do is deactivate one. THIS IS CRAZY ! ! ! Does anyone have a suggestion what I can do or am I stuck with this Apple ID forever?

(I know Apple knows what it's doing, most of the time, but sometimes I simply don't get it. Like this situation.)

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jan 18, 2019 9:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2019 12:33 AM

You can delete an account and its purchases : How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Or if you still want any of the account's purchases and therefore access to the account, you could change the primary email address on it to an account you have access to : Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

I have two (2) Apple IDs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.