Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop an app from adding itself to login items?

Hi,

I'm trying to stop an app called "NeoFinder Global QuickFind" from adding itself to Login Items. It doesn't seem to have a way to turn that off in its preferences so I've been going around my mac looking for plists to block or prevent access to, Launch Agents etc. Can't seem to find a way of preventing apps from adding themselves to my Login Items!

Any thoughts? I've contacted their support so may well hear back soon, but in the meantime....

Thanks in advance,

Chris

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jan 19, 2019 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2019 9:31 AM

Had a response from the (very condescending) CEO, if you add NeoFinder to your menu bar, it loads NeoFinder Global QuickFind (Which seemed to be a very important distinction – NeoFinder doesn't *ever* add itself to Login items, NeoFinder Global QuickFind does!) and anyway, NeoFinder Global QuickFind has a preference ‘Show NeoFinder Global QuickFind in menu bar’ doing this sticks it in your Login Items so, untick that... and breathe! Anyway, I'll be looking for an alternative, that was some awful customer support I received, sod their software!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2019 9:31 AM in response to crystalpulse

Had a response from the (very condescending) CEO, if you add NeoFinder to your menu bar, it loads NeoFinder Global QuickFind (Which seemed to be a very important distinction – NeoFinder doesn't *ever* add itself to Login items, NeoFinder Global QuickFind does!) and anyway, NeoFinder Global QuickFind has a preference ‘Show NeoFinder Global QuickFind in menu bar’ doing this sticks it in your Login Items so, untick that... and breathe! Anyway, I'll be looking for an alternative, that was some awful customer support I received, sod their software!

How to stop an app from adding itself to login items?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.