Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help! issues with mojave and logic

I have the newest versions of both logic pro x and os mojave installed on my computer (~2014 MBA). However, when i go to playback sessions i get a lot of auditory clipping and popping and logic operates on average over 100% cpu use according to the activity monitor. I have a limiter placed on the master track so i know that's not the cause and none of my instrument tracks are clipping either. is anyone else having this problem, and if so does anyone have a solution? Please, logic is literally unplayable!

Thanks!

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 19, 2019 2:11 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 20, 2019 10:43 AM in response to ereader24

You know how many people (in the past ten years or so) have had clipping problems and "tried everything" and you know how many times it actually turned out to be actually a Logic issue?

Indeed.

Zero.

So, if your issue can be traced down to being a true "Logic issue", then you win a prize.

But for now, could you put up a screenshot of your complete mixer while Logic is playing back the last chorus or the last 30 seconds of your song (or something in that ballpark - at least after it has played through the loudest section(s) of your piece).

It may look something like this (though this is a very subdued song, just guitar and vocals):

Jan 19, 2019 3:07 PM in response to ereader24

A screen shot of the Logic main windows and the mixer windows would be useful to better help you.

Does the problem happen with a new fresh project without any plugins?

Meanwhile you can try few things:

Close Logic (CMD-Q or Menu Logic Pro X - Quit Logic Pro X). Shutdown the computer. Start the computer and wait few minutes. Open Logic. Same problem?

In Logic Menu Logic Pro X - Preferences - Audio, deactivate Core Audio and reactivate it. Any changes?

If the problem happens in a specific project, disable or remove plugins one by one to see if it is related to one of them. Any third party plugin used in the project?

Hope that helps.

Jan 20, 2019 10:13 AM in response to Wilddrums

Hi thanks for your response! Unfortunately i tried all of those options and the clipping is still occurring. It's happening across all of my projects which leads me to believe that it's a logic issue. I have some 3rd party plug-ins but they're all Waves, and i believe they're all compatible with the newest Logic and OS updates. I'm a loss for what to do here because it make's logic basically a paper weight right now haha.

Please help! issues with mojave and logic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.