Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Midi Key Limits - Split Keyboard

In the Library, in the Piano section, there is a "Piano & Upright Bass" sound that is actually two instruments grouped with non-overlapping key limits, so you get Bass sound for the left hand and Piano for the right hand. All good here.

However, when you are playing on either side and cross that "split point" over to the other sound, you still get the sound you are coming from for a few keys (by a fourth to either side, to be exact). It's as though the key limit is "smart" and is moving automatically, expanding the key limit of either instrument over the other. HOW DO YOU ACHIEVE THAT EFFECT? When I manually split my keyboard to any sounds, the key limit is just fixed for all sounds.

I can change the sounds and their key limits within that "Piano and Upright Bass" template and still get the desired effect, but I want to know how do you get that. Also, I would like to expand the range of that effect (maybe an octave to either side, not just a fourth).

Posted on Jan 19, 2019 9:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 4:38 AM

Hi

You can make Patches in MainStage that have floating split points as you describe, with all sorts of flexibility over split range etc:

Saving as a Patch in MainStage allows you to open it in LPX via the Library.

Note that, during my quick test, the patch opened in LPX as 2 separate tracks that I had to make into a Summing Stack before it worked as expected.

CCT

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2019 4:38 AM in response to don_bran8

Hi

You can make Patches in MainStage that have floating split points as you describe, with all sorts of flexibility over split range etc:

Saving as a Patch in MainStage allows you to open it in LPX via the Library.

Note that, during my quick test, the patch opened in LPX as 2 separate tracks that I had to make into a Summing Stack before it worked as expected.

CCT

Midi Key Limits - Split Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.