Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I change which notes are triggered from my midi in piano roll

when I strike the lowest note on my external midi device, it triggers a drum sound halfway up the available sounds in the drum 'kit' on the piano roll - I would like my external midi to trigger a sound which is 'lower' on the internal sound piano roll so the upper half of my midi isn't rendered useless - I would like to do this without changing the positions of the internal sounds which are assigned to specific notes, because I switch external midi keyboards which range in size, so I would rather have logic be able to move where the external trigger is placing its request of a sound in the piano roll..... I hope that made sense!! Don't have much terminology knowledge

Macbook (2016 or later)

Posted on Jan 22, 2019 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2019 6:20 PM

The easiest way to do this from within Logic is using the MIDI FX Transposer.

On the track in question, look at the top of the channel strip for that track you should see "MIDI FX". Click and hold and you will see a list of Input effects. Select "Transposer" and make adjustments to lower (or raise) the MIDI input range.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2019 6:20 PM in response to davis256

The easiest way to do this from within Logic is using the MIDI FX Transposer.

On the track in question, look at the top of the channel strip for that track you should see "MIDI FX". Click and hold and you will see a list of Input effects. Select "Transposer" and make adjustments to lower (or raise) the MIDI input range.

Jan 22, 2019 6:42 PM in response to Pancenter

YOURE AN ANGEL BLESS YOUR SOUL KIND HUMAN TRAVELER - I think it is something that came as an additional extension option for when the JP-08 came out - not entirely sure because I bought this used... I've tried to detach it but can't figure out how without breaking anything - luckily I didn't do that because I am very happy to have it as it is now! thanks again mate!!

how do I change which notes are triggered from my midi in piano roll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.