Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Passwords Fail At Next Signon

When opening iTunes on my PC I get prompted to enter my AppleID and password. My passwords fail on the next sign on and I am forced to reset the passwords. I have reset my AppleID password 3 times within the last year. I write the new password down. The next time I try to use the new password it fails again. why doesn't iTunes remember my AppleID and password and allow me access to iTunes?

Posted on Jan 19, 2019 10:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 6:33 AM

Is the password failing any where else to just in iTunes?

If the only problem is with iTunes, contact iTunes Support. Either use the form or scroll to the bottom of the page in the 2nd link. Follow through the screens to get a chat or telephone option. 

iTunes Support

iTunes Support – world wide

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2019 6:33 AM in response to ReallyFrustratedTryingToSignon

Is the password failing any where else to just in iTunes?

If the only problem is with iTunes, contact iTunes Support. Either use the form or scroll to the bottom of the page in the 2nd link. Follow through the screens to get a chat or telephone option. 

iTunes Support

iTunes Support – world wide

Jan 20, 2019 7:50 AM in response to Eric Root

The new passwords only fail on iTunes. As an example I reset my AppleID password on 1/15/19 and when I tried to sign in to iTunes on 1/19/19 the new password i had just created 4 days previously failed. What is odd is the AppleID password system remembers my previously created passwords, like the one I created on 1/15/19, and won't let me reset my password using that password. So the system knows I created the password I am trying to use in a history file but it won't acknowledge that password as being the current valid password. And even more odd, I typed and retyped my 1/15/19 password a couple of times (in case I made a typo) and it failed repeatedly but on about my third attempt the password actually worked and let me into the Apple Community to post my frustration. The difference seems to have occurred because I was typing on different password entry screens.

Jan 20, 2019 8:31 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for your response. I started initially to go to the Apple Support system but then decided to try out the Apple Communities first to see what kind of response I got from other users. My assumption was the support people were going to ask me all kinds of detailed questions (like which screen I was on when) and I don't have a log of how I navigated through my issue to recreate that level of detail.

New Passwords Fail At Next Signon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.