Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo management

The last time I backed up my iPhone 8 to my PC I somehow managed to create an album on my phone that I have no power to delete. I understand that I probably manually downloaded the album from my PC. Not sure how I managed it but HOW DO I GET RID OF THAT ALBUM? it is a block of 899 photos.

iPhone 8

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 8:10 AM

It sounds like the photos synced to the phone via iTunes. To delete, sync again as described in the following from Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

If you don't want the synced photos

on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch anymore, turn off syncing in iTunes

and they'll be removed from your device. You can turn off syncing for

some of your photo albums or all of them at once.

Stop syncing some albums

1. Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
    2. Click on the device icon in iTunes.
    3. Click Photos.
    4. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections that you want to stop syncing.
    5. Click Apply.

Stop syncing all photos

3. Click Photos.
    4. Deselect "Sync Photos" then click "Remove photos."
    5. Click Apply.

Learn how to delete photos and videos synced from iTunes when you can't access the originals.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2019 8:10 AM in response to Vgtilley

It sounds like the photos synced to the phone via iTunes. To delete, sync again as described in the following from Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

If you don't want the synced photos

on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch anymore, turn off syncing in iTunes

and they'll be removed from your device. You can turn off syncing for

some of your photo albums or all of them at once.

Stop syncing some albums

3. Click Photos.
    4. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections that you want to stop syncing.
    5. Click Apply.

Stop syncing all photos

3. Click Photos.
    4. Deselect "Sync Photos" then click "Remove photos."
    5. Click Apply.

Learn how to delete photos and videos synced from iTunes when you can't access the originals.

photo management

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.