Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant install latest itunes in windows 7....?

Hi

I own a Iphone 8. But I cant Install Itunes in my laptop which has Windows 7. While i try to install latest Version its shows me error message "only windows 7 service pack 1 & higher version can install Itunes". So please Help me in this problem. so that I can Install ITunes in my Windows 7.

Thanks

iPhone 8

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 12:48 PM

I have iTunes 12.9.2.6 on my Windows 7 machine.

The message you see suggests that your version is not at least service pack 1, so perhaps you should check this for yourself. On your computer, go to the Control Panel and look in System.

Under the heading View basic information about your computer, you should see something similar to the screenshot below:

What does your computer say? Note that mine states that there is an update, should I want it. If your computer is not at Service Pack 1 (or higher), do you have an option to update it?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2019 12:48 PM in response to ArunJG

I have iTunes 12.9.2.6 on my Windows 7 machine.

The message you see suggests that your version is not at least service pack 1, so perhaps you should check this for yourself. On your computer, go to the Control Panel and look in System.

Under the heading View basic information about your computer, you should see something similar to the screenshot below:

What does your computer say? Note that mine states that there is an update, should I want it. If your computer is not at Service Pack 1 (or higher), do you have an option to update it?

cant install latest itunes in windows 7....?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.