Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to use invitees on Calendar.

The Add Invitees option is not displayed in Calendar on my MacBook Air.

The Calendar is syncing with my iPhone and I can add Invitees on the iPhone.

In the iCloud section of System Preferences I do not have Mail checked. When I do check this box I am asked to create an email account but this fails. Do I have an iCloud eMail account I don't know about?

Clearly my MacBook isn't set up correctly so any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2019 6:21 AM

Hello Cambs_Lad,

We appreciate the follow-up information. It sounds like a good start to test this in a temporary administrator account on your Mac. This will help narrow the issue down to being user account-specific, or system-wide, and that helps work out what might be causing the issue. Here are the steps you'll need; in this link, you'll also find additional steps to try depending on your results: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac. When you create the test user, you'll want to sign in using all of the same accounts, if you use any in addition to iCloud.

Cheers.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2019 6:21 AM in response to Cambs_Lad

Hello Cambs_Lad,

We appreciate the follow-up information. It sounds like a good start to test this in a temporary administrator account on your Mac. This will help narrow the issue down to being user account-specific, or system-wide, and that helps work out what might be causing the issue. Here are the steps you'll need; in this link, you'll also find additional steps to try depending on your results: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac. When you create the test user, you'll want to sign in using all of the same accounts, if you use any in addition to iCloud.

Cheers.

Jan 21, 2019 1:50 PM in response to Cambs_Lad

Hi Cambs_Lad,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I understand you're unable to send invitations using Calendar on a Mac.

You mentioned iCloud settings. While iCloud mail shouldn't relate to this, I do recommend making sure that Calendar is checked under System Preferences > iCloud.

When you create a new event in Calendar, do you see the other standard options like "Add Location" and "Add Notes, URL, or Attachments?" If not, what do you see instead?

If you create an event and then double-click it to bring up the event details, are you then able to see Add Invitees?

Do any of the methods described here allow you add an invitee to your event? Invite people to events in Calendar on Mac.

I hope this gets you started!

Take care.

Jan 23, 2019 11:03 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Hi Joseph,

I am the administrator on my MacBook Air and when I set it up there was a "Guest" account. I logged out and logged in as "Guest". I added a new event in Calendar and sure enough the "Add Invitees" was there!

So I guess it must be related to settings on my account.

Where should I start looking?

Thanks for such a simple idea to localise the issue.

Unable to use invitees on Calendar.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.