Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Powerbeats 3 doesn’t work properly in phone calls, but it does for anything else.

Hey, so I have a pair of Powerbeats 3 for 2 years now, and I can record videos and stuff with both the speaker and mic working, but when I make any phone or FaceTime calls they can’t hear me but I can hear them perfectly fine. What should I do?

iPhone XS

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2019 4:05 PM

Greetings emylove,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand your Powerbeats3 aren't working while on a phone call or FaceTime call as expected, as you mentioned the other party isn't able to hear when you speak.

I suggest resetting your Beats, as described in the following guide: Set up and use your Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones

To further isolate the behavior, I suggest testing the Beats with another audio source. Keep in mind, using the built-in remote and microphone with your Powerbeats3 is supported with Apple iOS devices, but varies with other brands and products, as mentioned in the following guide: Product Compatibility

If further assistance is needed, I suggest contacting Apple for support: Contact Apple Support

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2019 4:05 PM in response to emylove

Greetings emylove,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand your Powerbeats3 aren't working while on a phone call or FaceTime call as expected, as you mentioned the other party isn't able to hear when you speak.

I suggest resetting your Beats, as described in the following guide: Set up and use your Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones

To further isolate the behavior, I suggest testing the Beats with another audio source. Keep in mind, using the built-in remote and microphone with your Powerbeats3 is supported with Apple iOS devices, but varies with other brands and products, as mentioned in the following guide: Product Compatibility

If further assistance is needed, I suggest contacting Apple for support: Contact Apple Support

Cheers.

My Powerbeats 3 doesn’t work properly in phone calls, but it does for anything else.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.