Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps on iPad 3rd Generation

I'm not able to download new apps on my iPad 3rd Generation... I'm running iOS 9.5.3 on it. Does app store not support that model anymore? Is there a way I can download those apps that are compatible with version 9?

Posted on Jan 21, 2019 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2019 1:03 PM

Yes,

If you need older versions of apps that have moved on to iOS 10 and later, tap on my link below and choose the method that best works with your current situation.

CAREFULLY read and follow ALL directions. Especially so for my computer/iTunes procedure.

All three of my procedures/solutions work!

Downloading Older iOS 9.3.5 Versions of A… - Apple Community

Apps may or may not have older iOS 9.3.5 versions still available from the iOS App Store.

There are three ways to try/attempt to get an older version of an app. Pick the method that works best for your situation/circumstances.

Also, I would STOP using that 2-2-1/2 year old Safari web browser, as it is, probably, not safe and secure to use any longer, and seek out a third party web browser that is STILL currently being updated and STILL being supported on iOS 9.3.5.

Heed my advice on this issue in my above link.

Good Luck!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2019 1:03 PM in response to Ankur2324

Yes,

If you need older versions of apps that have moved on to iOS 10 and later, tap on my link below and choose the method that best works with your current situation.

CAREFULLY read and follow ALL directions. Especially so for my computer/iTunes procedure.

All three of my procedures/solutions work!

Downloading Older iOS 9.3.5 Versions of A… - Apple Community

Apps may or may not have older iOS 9.3.5 versions still available from the iOS App Store.

There are three ways to try/attempt to get an older version of an app. Pick the method that works best for your situation/circumstances.

Also, I would STOP using that 2-2-1/2 year old Safari web browser, as it is, probably, not safe and secure to use any longer, and seek out a third party web browser that is STILL currently being updated and STILL being supported on iOS 9.3.5.

Heed my advice on this issue in my above link.

Good Luck!

Apps on iPad 3rd Generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.