Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot access iTunes

I've been having problems with my pc, and as a result, I cannot access iTunes. I have tried installing the latest version, and also restoring the contents of the pc to an earlier date, but no joy.

Whenever I try to open iTunes, the following message appears: "iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration. Audio/video playback may not operate properly".

I have ensured the speakers are attached, so that shouldn't be the problem.

The only thing I can think of is that i don't have any antivirus software on the pc - would that cuase the issue?

I would be grateful for any advice, as i currently cannot access my iTunes library of over 4000 songs, and i can't update my iPod, so my choice of tunes to listen to is limited!

Thanks for any help.

Posted on Jan 22, 2019 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2019 8:58 AM

If you have a single audio socket it may be that the computer's audio subsystem can alternately treat it as an input or an output. Unplug the speakers and plug them in again to see if you are offered a choice, or explore the controls in the notification area or the control panel. The current version of iTunes will not launch if it cannot sense an audio output route, even if you intend to use it to share your library to other devices on your network or for AirPlay.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2019 8:58 AM in response to Lastover

If you have a single audio socket it may be that the computer's audio subsystem can alternately treat it as an input or an output. Unplug the speakers and plug them in again to see if you are offered a choice, or explore the controls in the notification area or the control panel. The current version of iTunes will not launch if it cannot sense an audio output route, even if you intend to use it to share your library to other devices on your network or for AirPlay.

tt2

Cannot access iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.