Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air keyboard way too loud - anything I can do?

I can't believe how loud my new MacBook Air's keyboard is. This is the fifth MacBook I've owned and this is the first that sounds like a typewriter. I have decided to keep rather than sell my 2013 MacBook Air - because it makes no noise when I type. I really cannot use this in bed w/o bothering my wife and the sound is highly irritating to me. Why did Apple think they needed to make this laptop so thin they had to create a keyboard that makes so much noise. My 2013 MacBook Air is not as thin as this 2018 MacBook Air, but I have never felt it wasn't thin enough or not light enough. It's perfect, except it's architecture is outdated and slower. I think this is a case of Apple outthinking themselves without getting reaction from actual users. In the store - which was very crowded and loud - I couldn't hear these loud keys. I think Apple should either provide a fix for this MacBook Air, or compensate those of us who now have them. I will be using my old 2013 MacBook Air in bed late and any other times when the noise may irritate others, as well as myself. Apple, please respond to this situation. There are a lot of unhappy users! By the way, I began using Apple computers in 1989 and have never had a keyboard on any previous model make this kind of racket.

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Jan 22, 2019 8:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2019 9:20 PM

Try following

Press Option+Command+Esc

in the New window look what is running

3 replies

MacBook Air keyboard way too loud - anything I can do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.