Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warnings that many apps will no longer function with my next Mojave update. So I am no longer updating. ????

I unknowingly made the mistake of updating to Mojave 10.14.1 (MacBook Pro Retina 2012). I then had problems with Adobe Photoshop. Now I am getting pop up requests everyday to install a further Mojave update. This along with numerous warnings that if I do so, many apps will no longer function if I continue with this new update. This warning also includes the Microsoft Office apps. This is really a problem. If I continue updating, I will have to spend a fortune on new software if I want to continue using this Mac. Any suggestions? I am sure that there are many others out there with the same problem! My Mac is still functioning perfectly -- no need to purchase a new one, but with this new OS.....

MacBook Pro 15", 10.14

Posted on Jan 25, 2019 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2019 8:43 AM

Just to clarify. Mojave is the last version of macOS that will support 32bit apps. Updates to Mojave won't affect that. The next version of macOS, whatever it's called or whatever version number, say 10.15 etc., will not. So if you have any 32bit apps left you wish to continue to run and not update, do not upgrade to the next version of macOS.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2019 8:43 AM in response to SearcherSD

Just to clarify. Mojave is the last version of macOS that will support 32bit apps. Updates to Mojave won't affect that. The next version of macOS, whatever it's called or whatever version number, say 10.15 etc., will not. So if you have any 32bit apps left you wish to continue to run and not update, do not upgrade to the next version of macOS.

Warnings that many apps will no longer function with my next Mojave update. So I am no longer updating. ????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.