Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

User needs to be able to temporarily suspend Apple Pay NFC popup

I just installed Apple Pay and I like it, however because the Apple Pay popup automatically appears and there is no way to disable it, I got stuck in the train station today.

To enter and leave the train stations in The Netherlands when traveling on an international ticket, you have to present the optical reader with the QR code on your phone. The optical reader is also an NFC device. Every time I attempted to put my QR code on my phone up to the reader, the Apple Pay popup appeared. I literally got stuck in the train station because there was no way to disable the popup (even for just a minute!). I had to wait for the next train to come and "tailgate" someone out of the station.

Apple should either include a setting under Settings->Wallet or give the user the ability to temporarily disable the NFC triggered popup screen for a minute or two to allow the phone to be used for other things when in the vicinity of an NFC transmitter.

If this is not resolved, I'll probably remove Apple Pay from my phone as it appears to include features (or a lack of features) that have not been well thought through.

Thanks,

James

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 25, 2019 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2019 9:03 AM

Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply

User needs to be able to temporarily suspend Apple Pay NFC popup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.