Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Settings --> General --> iPhone Storage bug/hangs

Has anyone experienced this... Settings --> General --> iPhone Storage hangs when it gets to the wait spinner (while trying to get the specific app storage data)?

It displays the data summary graph at the top, and shows Recommendations (iCloud Photos and Offload Unused Apps in my case), then displays the white bar of the next section with the rotating wait spinner in it (where is should show the storage details for all the apps). The screen can still be scrolled vertically for a few secs, but then it hangs. The wait spinner keeps spinning, but the screen can no longer be scrolled, and the "< General" button at the top left (to return to the previous screen) no longer works. If the iPhone is kept awake, it will never complete (it will stay hung/stuck here). If the iPhone goes to sleep, upon waking it, the Settings app is no longer running, but in the background and back to the opening Settings screen. The only way out of the hung iPhone Storage screen is by using the Home button, then killing the app from the background.

This happens 100% consistently, every time. It was broken in iOS 12.1.0 or 12.1.1 (I can't recall), but each subsequent update (now on 12.1.3) has not fixed this.

This is on an iPhone SE. Storage is not full (typically 1-2GB free out of 16GB). This problem does not happen on my iPad mini 2 (with same iOS versions).

If you do or don't have this problem, please provide your device model, and iOS version.

Hangs (gets stuck) here:

iPhone SE, 12

Posted on Jan 25, 2019 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2019 4:04 PM

Try the following and stop when issue is fixed:

1. Restart: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Make a backup: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
  3. Re-install the iOS using Recovery Mode. Choose the update option. If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

-AJ

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Settings --> General --> iPhone Storage bug/hangs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.