Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone behavior

Hi,

The apps on my iPhone XR are crashing, running slowly and/or freezing up. Playing Solitaire last night, the app crashed 4 times after a reboot of the phone. The Solitaire app is not new having been installed when I purchased the phone a couple of years ago. Conditions at the time the app was having issues was as follows:

IOS 15.4 installed

Storage: 102.8 GB used out of 128GB available

Number of Apps running: 1 (solitaire)

I'm finding this very discouraging so any ideas on how to correct this would be welcome.

Regards

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 12:08 PM

Have you restarted the phone since the latest update? You might also try a Forced Restart, no guarantee, but worth a try...

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support (CA)

3 replies

Apr 15, 2022 12:16 PM in response to cegarman

Hi,

Follow up:

After rebooting the phone a number of times yesterday, it seems to be ok at the moment. Apps are responsive and functional. Hopefully it was just a phase and not a permanent condition. The newest app is from my service provider. Not sure why that would a cause an issue. However, I will uninstall it if the phone issues reoccur.

IPhone behavior

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.