Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume and panning not changing during playback while track is armed

Still need help with this one. I'd be most grateful. Been using Logic Pro for about 7 years now but recently bought a new computer and downloaded the latest Logic Pro X... this problem has never happened before:

After I record an audio track, I stop and playback.

On playback if I try to adjust the volume or panning of that track while the music is playing, nothing happens.

Therefore, I must stop the song, make an incremental adjustment to the volume or panning, then press play to hear what I've adjusted.

I cannot do it in realtime.

However, if I disarm the track from record mode then I am able to adjust volume and panning while the music is playing.

Thanks.

p.s. No automation is being used. And I do not record with input monitoring. Also this problem does not affect midi tracks.

Posted on Jan 26, 2019 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2019 3:11 PM

Can't replicate in 10.4.4 (no matter what settings I tried)

Upper left Logic Pro menu, look for "Reset All Preferences except Key Commands".

You may have to reset Audio Interface, I/O buffer but it's worth a try. After issuing the command quit Logic and reboot the computer. Worth a try.

Similar questions

3 replies

Volume and panning not changing during playback while track is armed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.