Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 3 screen popped out

Hi,

My Apple Watch series 3 that was bought 6 months ago suddenly broke down during the night while charging.

The screen literally popped out.

I have tried to get the product replaced through the shop’s warranty but they refused and put the blame on a point of impact.

I have been researching on internet for similar cases and was surprised to see that many other users had come across the same problem.

Is it then a product disfunction due to the swelling of the batterie ?! And is it possible to get to product replaced ?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 26, 2019 2:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2019 10:07 AM

Exactly the same happened to my Apple Watch 3. Sent it back to Apple who wanted £187+vat to repair. Can’t afford this so they’ve sent it back. It seems @applesupport are above Uk consumer law of a product needing to be fit for purpose.

2 replies

Jan 26, 2019 4:21 PM in response to anaïsc

That screen has not “popped out”, the glass is broken. That might be accidental impact damage, or it might be a manufacturing defect but there is no way to determine without inspecting the device in hand. It might be covered by warranty, or it might not. Only Apple’s service techs can give the official response to your questions, so (link) Contact Apple Support and arrange inspection.

Apple Watch series 3 screen popped out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.