Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't hear audio before recording

In Logic Pro X / Mojave, I get a signal level, but can't hear it. If I record, I can hear the playback.

The Input Monitoring button, the Record button, and Auto Input Monitoring have no effect.

I've checked Security in System Preferences, and Logic Pro X is allowed to access microphone.

My interface is Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6.

MacBook Air 13", 10.14

Posted on Jan 26, 2019 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2019 4:33 PM

Eureka! ’twas merely a button on the box: “In the Monitor section of the KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 audio interface, you can set the device to bypass any signal processing and send the audio signal from the input directly to the output of the device at zero latency. This function is known as Direct Monitoring.”

Similar questions

1 reply

can't hear audio before recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.