Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logix Pro X not able to record audio

Specs: Logic Pro X 10.4.1, Mojave 10.14.5, audio device is a Presonus AudioBox 44VSL

When I arm an audio track in Logic, with input monitoring active, and the correct input selected on the track, Logic is somehow not receiving audio (with no meter movement). This occurs even though the audio device (The Presonus) is recognized by the System, and the same audio device (and microphone) can record just fine in other audio applications (such as Twisted Wave), running on the same system. I have verified in 'System Preferences' > 'Sound' that the correct device appears and is selected, and see meter movement on the "input level" meter when I tap the microphone. So it would seem the problem is definitely isolated to Logic. Any help would be much appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 27, 2019 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2019 8:47 PM

In Logic's Preferences/Audio you have the Presonus set as the Input and Output device?

If running Mojave read this support document.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209175

Similar questions

3 replies

May 27, 2019 9:11 PM in response to Pancenter

Hallelujah! Yes, it was indeed the "Mojave microphone security issue" described in the document. How incredibly bizarre. Why would Apple not make that a default I wonder? It wouldn't be apparent to a majority of users that some esoteric security setting would prevent them from recording in Apple's own flagship audio program. Whatever. In any case, thanks again!

Logix Pro X not able to record audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.