Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro 10.6.0 not recording audio

So I just did a fresh install of Catalina 10.15.7 and the first thing I download is Logic.

I connected a Zoom H6 via USB as a Multitrack audio interface and everything seems to work fine, is outputting audio through the speakers and also through the headphone jack on the H6 but then I tried to record some vocals and Logic isn't capturing audio even though the dB meters on my H6 are displaying that there's a signal incoming into the device, I have tried everything but nothing works and here it gets even more strange, I just tried the internal microphone from my MacBook Pro 15 and doesn't work either!

Inside Mac audio preferences the internal mic works fine and also it also records fine on QuickTime player but when I go in Logic and try to test it it doesn't record any sound at all! I don't know if this might be some weird bug from this new Logic Pro version (10.6.0) and it's integration with Catalina 10.15.7, but it is super weird, it is like the most basic functionality of a DAW that is not working in my case, how could a bug like this (if it is a bug) can even happen, I hope they don't ditch Intel users and give the recording abilities only to M1 users lol

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 8:51 PM

OK. It seems your problem is giving audio input access to Logic. (Access to the microphone). There is something fishy as Logic must show up in the applications requesting access.

I remember users with the same problem. As a first step you can try to reset the NVRAM: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support.

There are other more intrusive solutions. If I remember them, I will share.

WD

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2020 8:51 PM in response to gusferde

OK. It seems your problem is giving audio input access to Logic. (Access to the microphone). There is something fishy as Logic must show up in the applications requesting access.

I remember users with the same problem. As a first step you can try to reset the NVRAM: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support.

There are other more intrusive solutions. If I remember them, I will share.

WD

Nov 26, 2020 8:14 PM in response to Wilddrums

Logic doesn't appear as an option under mic access settings.

I have already tried several methods searching on YouTube and also in that same Sweetwater guide but I can't find the solution.

At the beginning of my problem I was troubleshooting on the zoom H6 but then as I found out that even the internal mic isn't working I'm thinking it must be an internal problem with Logic, because the Mac seems to work fine with it's internal mic in any other application but Logic is not receiving any audio signal, It's the first time I encounter this error using Logic with the H6 and the internal Mic, I haven't touched Audio MIDI setup either, I mean it should just record audio with no problems with the inputs and outputs integrated into my macbook but it doesn't :(

Nov 26, 2020 10:43 PM in response to Wilddrums

Yesssss!!!!!! Thank you Wilddrums!! that was it! haha sorry I get excited, I did the NVRAM reset and then when I opened Logic, Logic asked me permission to use the microphone, and now it also appears under the accessibility for the microphone inside macOS preferences!

Now Logic is receiving signal correctly from the Built-in Mic and guess what, the zoom H6 is working perfectly as well!!

Thanks a lot for helping me, Awesome!

I

Nov 26, 2020 7:24 PM in response to gusferde

Thanks for the info.

First, check under macOS Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy if Logic is authorized to use the microphone.

Then select the H6 as the Input device in Logic Audio Preferences.

In Logic, create an Audio track and select one of the h6 Inputs as the Input for the Track (Look on the Track Inspector or the Channel Strip in the Mixer).

You may find interesting the following article: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/using-the-zoom-h6-as-an-audio-interface/.

Let us know of the results,

WD

Nov 27, 2020 3:28 AM in response to gusferde

It seems as though your problem is solved, and so this comment is most likely moot; but for the sake of mentioning it...

I have a Zoom H4n Pro, and assuming the OS on the H6 is similar, when you connect the Zoom to the computer through USB, you have to tell the Zoom you are using it as a microphone - otherwise it won't pass through the audio live to the computer.

This probably wasn't your problem, so ignore if you already knew that.

Gnatz

Logic Pro 10.6.0 not recording audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.