Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not access my older iPad ( 2 )

I have used my old iPad2 for years just to read a local news publication at breakfast. Now after a restart it wants me to use my old iCloud account id and password which I have used years ago when I have set up this device. I do not even remember the password anymore. Also my iCloud id is different than when I initially set up this iPad.

The only way seems to be to remove the device from my recent iCloud account - which I have done. But still the device wants to know the old id and password.

How can I set up this device as a new with my current iCloud account and continue to use it as before?

Posted on Jan 27, 2019 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2019 2:53 PM

You need to recover the AppleID and passcode used to initiate Activation Lock.

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you purchased the iPad new and can prove it with a receipt from Apple or Apple

authorized iPad retailer showing the serial number of the iPad, make a Genius Bar

reservation at your nearest Apple store and take the receipt and government issued

photo ID to the Apple store where they may assist you.

Make a Genius Bar Reservation

http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

There is no workaround for the security features of Activation Lock.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2019 2:53 PM in response to timoke

You need to recover the AppleID and passcode used to initiate Activation Lock.

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you purchased the iPad new and can prove it with a receipt from Apple or Apple

authorized iPad retailer showing the serial number of the iPad, make a Genius Bar

reservation at your nearest Apple store and take the receipt and government issued

photo ID to the Apple store where they may assist you.

Make a Genius Bar Reservation

http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

There is no workaround for the security features of Activation Lock.

Can not access my older iPad ( 2 )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.