Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 plus started freezing after iOS 12 update

Hello guys,

I’ve got a 7 plus and I’ve had it since early 2017 I haven’t gotten any problems with it before, but since updating to iOS 12 it started glitching really weird.

1)When someone calls me on FaceTime or when I’m calling my iPhone starts freezing like I answer the call I get no sound and no video.

2)I cannot longer shoot videos, I have to constantly reboot in order to record 1 minute.

3)Audio messages are not working, not even on Snapchat, Messenger or even the talk to text feature on the keyboard.

4)When I’m rebooting the device it often gets stuck on the apple logo like 5 minutes or even more.

5)The phone does not recognize the headphones, nor the audio adapter or sometimes it recognizes it but after 2 minutes or so it gets cut off and music starts playing through the phone speakers.

I updated my iPhone to the latest firmware, currently 12.1.3, the problems arrived on the first version of iOS 12, I deleted the iPhone, configured as a brand new phone but with no success.

Any help is well welcomed.

iPhone 7 Plus, 12

Posted on Jan 27, 2019 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2019 2:34 AM

Update:

I found the fix:

I started using a Bluetooth headset and now the iPhone reacts normally.

I hope that works for you guys too.

Similar questions

1 reply

iPhone 7 plus started freezing after iOS 12 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.