Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I removed my stolen I phone X device from associates device list with Apple ID can affect find my iPhone ?

If I removed my stolen I phone X device from associates device list with Apple ID can affect find my iPhone ?

iPhone X, 12

Posted on Jan 28, 2019 1:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2019 1:54 AM

Don't remove the stolen phone from your device list. If you remove it, Find-My-iPhone, Lost Mode, Erase, and Activation Lock will all be gone, so the thief ill have full use of the phone. If the phone is stolen, not just lost, you will never get it back, so leave it on your device list and use the Erase command. This will make it useless for the thief.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

If you used Lost mode to display a contact number, you may receive a message saying the phone is found, and asking you to go to a website and login. This is just the thief trying to get your iCloud password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2019 1:54 AM in response to Ivorysunshion

Don't remove the stolen phone from your device list. If you remove it, Find-My-iPhone, Lost Mode, Erase, and Activation Lock will all be gone, so the thief ill have full use of the phone. If the phone is stolen, not just lost, you will never get it back, so leave it on your device list and use the Erase command. This will make it useless for the thief.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

If you used Lost mode to display a contact number, you may receive a message saying the phone is found, and asking you to go to a website and login. This is just the thief trying to get your iCloud password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.