Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost or stolen

If i report my device as lost or stolen and remove it from my icloud device list can people still access my pictures and other informstion i also chose to erase iphone on find my iphone

Posted on May 2, 2020 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2020 11:44 AM

If you report it to who? Apple does not take reports for stolen devices. If you remove the device from your iCloud, then the iPhone can be restored and used by the thief. If you had a good passcode, then cannot access your data and to use it, they have to restore it and that wipes your data anyway.

If you erased the device from Find My, the content is gone that way as well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2020 11:44 AM in response to Mrchronic22

If you report it to who? Apple does not take reports for stolen devices. If you remove the device from your iCloud, then the iPhone can be restored and used by the thief. If you had a good passcode, then cannot access your data and to use it, they have to restore it and that wipes your data anyway.

If you erased the device from Find My, the content is gone that way as well.

Lost or stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.